Enables employees to make simple, tax-effective donations to any UK charity or good cause.
If you are paid or receive your pension through PAYE, you can register for Payroll Giving. As your Payroll Giving agency working with HMRC, Charities Trust processes and pays out to any charity or recognised good cause registered within the UK.
Donations are deducted from gross pay – before tax is deducted. This gives immediate tax relief on donations and means it costs less for you to donate. The table below gives some examples:
- Regular tax-effective donations. Use the calculator on this page to work out how much your donation will cost you
- Donate to any UK registered charity / good cause
- One donation can be split between multiple charities
- Make a one off tax-free donation at any time – e.g. if you receive a bonus
- Donations can be deposited into a My Giving Account
- The most efficient way for you to give, especially if you’re a higher rate tax payer, see the table above for some examples
- Contact your HR or payroll department to check they are signed up for Payroll Giving through Charities Trust
- Download Charities Trust Payroll Giving Employee Registration Form
- Send a completed form to your payroll department